- 2018 Proposed local bicycling events 2018 BFU Calendar (up to date)
- 2017 local bicycling related events
Curb the Car and Save: Calculate how much you can save by riding a bicycle, even if only occasionally.
NMSU is designated a BFU (Bicycle Friendly University) by the League of American Bicyclists.
- 2017 designation as a BFU by LAB (League of American Bicyclists).
- 2013 designation as a BFU by LAB (League of American Bicyclists).
NMSU has taken numerous steps to increase safe-bicycling practices on campus..
- Bicycle advocacy via the NMSU bicycling community Facebook site, this bikes.nmsu.edu site and EHS tweets on bike recalls
- Cyclist safety training classes and education for bicyclists as well as for motorists
- News feeds on bicycle rules of the road and guidance
- Working to improved bicycle security and bike theft prevention on campus
- Safety improvements on campus streets
- Increasing bicycle awareness and traffic law enforcement
- updating technology such as the web-based campus bicycle map below and at http://arcg.is/1U47W0O