Engineering Standards for Bicycle & Pedestrian Safety
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
– For Bicycle Facilities
- National Association of City Transportation Officials
– Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- APBP Bicycle Parking Guide – This guide is provided by the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals. This document is to assist with the selection and placement of appropriate bicycle racks for short term parking. Four major components are covered:
- The rack element. This device supports the bicycle.
- The rack. It is important to understand how bikes interact with each other when rack elements are assembled together.
- Combining of multiple racks into a bicycle parking lot.
- Locating the rack, and the relationship of the rack to the building entrance it serves and the cyclists’ approach to that entrance
- Bicycle Rack Locations on Campus Parking Map (shown at right)
- Las Cruces Multi Use Map
- Mesilla Valley Bicycling Suitability Map
Tour and race routes
- Mesilla Metric Century, 100km, 50km – Two scenic loop rides through Mesilla’s pecan orchards.
- NM Touring Society – Listing and description of New Mexico day and overnight bicycle tour routes.