Multi-Use (Ped & Bike) Trails, Routes & Maps
Map images showing the bicycle facilities, bike racks and routes are at
http://goo.gl/LbEIi - Static display
http://bit.ly/VwiuU0 - Interactive map
Base map provided by SpARC (Spatial Applications Research Center) Geography Dept.
Currently we are requesting that the bike facilities be added to the NMSU beta map at http://maps.nmsu.edu/
The 4.5-mile new trail will connect the Triviz Multi-Purpose Path with the La Lloroña Trail, and to trails that link to the north end of the New Mexico State University campus (see map). "From a bicyclists' standpoint, it's a great path . . .
This portion creates a loop around Las Cruces, estimated to be more than 32 miles long. MPO map of the Trail is provided at right & further details are available via the links below.
Information from The Las Cruces Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) website indicates that Las Cruces has over 65 miles of in-road bicycle lanes, shared-use lanes, and bicycle routes. The City of Las Cruces also has 15 miles of paved and natural-surface trails. The bicycle facilities vary and enjoyment may depend on your experience level. Here is the regional Bicycling Suitability Map to help you plan your route.
The Las Cruces MPO has developed an In-Road Bicycle Facilities Priorities Plan and the Trail System Priorities Plan to guide the development of future facilities. Aerial images along the Outfall Channel Trail are provided via the following MPO website documents: Channel Trail overview 1 and Channel Trail overview 2
More Routes and Maps
- Mesilla Metric Century, 100km, 50km: two scenic loop rides through Mesilla's pecan orchards map & cue sheets.
- NM Touring Society listing & description of NM day & overnight bicycle tour routes
- Bicycling Suitability Map for Mesilla Valley/Las Cruces - local copy
- Bicycling Maps - NMDOTbike website (Maps pdf - NM map, Las Cruces bike map (local copy)
- NM DOT Bike Guideline Map for New Mexico
- Accommodating Bicyclists ... on NM Highways 2007
- NM DOT NM Bike Awareness Brochure
- NM DOT State-wide Bike Routes in NM
- MPO's Las Cruces bicycle suitability map (pdf)
- NMSU's master plan
- NMSU Aggie Transit Map
- Las Cruces Transit Routes CLC link route20
- NMDOT BPE Guideline Guide Local copy Bike Routes
- NM Equestrian Awareness Brochure Local Copy
- State-wide Bike Routes in NM Main NM map
- Bike route 7 through Las Cruces
- LC MPO's Bicycle Suitability Tips Las Cruces route map
- Pedestrian Safety - NMSU Police - website pdf
- Campus Bus Map Aggie Transit Interactive route map based on new GIS route map of campus by SpARC January 2011 (posting)
- Local & Campus Bus Info - Las Cruces RoadRunner Transit (Bus System) Feb 26, 2011 (posting)