Engineering Standards for Bicycle & Pedestrian Safety
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
– For Bicycle Facilities
- National Association of City Transportation Officials
– Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- APBP Bicycle Parking Guide – This guide is provided by the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals. This document is to assist with the selection and placement of appropriate bicycle racks for short term parking.
Four major components are covered:
- The rack element. This device supports the bicycle.
- The rack. It is important to understand how bikes interact with each other when rack elements are assembled together.
- Combining of multiple racks into a bicycle parking lot.
- Locating the rack, and the relationship of the rack to the building entrance it serves and the cyclists’ approach to that entrance
Campus & City-wide Bicycle Facilities & Maps
- Bicycle Rack Locations on Campus Parking Map (shown at right)
- Las Cruces Multi Use Map (click text)
- 2018 Proposed Las Cruces bicycling facilities (click text or image at right for detailed pdf image)
- Mesilla Valley Bicycling Suitability Map (click text)
Tour and race routes
- Mesilla Metric Century, 100km, 50km – Two scenic loop rides through Mesilla’s pecan orchards.
- NM Touring Society – Listing and description of New Mexico day and overnight bicycle tour routes.